الاثنين، 11 يوليو 2011

Again with Nursery Rhymes Lesson Plans

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star


 Objectives
By the end of this lesson, students will be to:
    Read the rhyme correctly and appropriately.
    Identify new vocabulary.
    Predicate the meanings of the new vocabulary.
    recognize the rhyming words in the rhyme.
    Provide rhyming words suiting those previously identified.

Procedure
    I read the nursery rhyme" Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", and encourage the students to repeat after me.
    I ask them if there are familiar with the rhyme and allow them to respond, sharing what they like about it.
    I praise them to read the rhyme individually and correctly.  
    I explain the new vocabulary for them such as; twinkle.
    I ask them some critical questions such as; when do we observe stars? Are stars near us? Why do stars sparkle?
    I  guide the students  to highlight rhyming words after rereading the rhyme such as; (star and are), (high and sky)
    I ask  the students to bring their own rhyming words.
    I give them time to draw a star.
    I provide them with a copy of the rhyme.


Assessment

    I ask the students if they know some stars' names
    I Show them three or four different shapes, including a star, then have them pick out the star. After that, ask students to tell where stars are located
    I ask the students if stars are reachable or not and if yes how?
    I ask them to come up with words that rhyme with star such as; car, far, tar, mar, ect.
  

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق